We have been living in our house now for 13 months! Wow! Where did time go?! We were blessed enough to have bought a brand new home that was already gorgeous! (If you go to LRM Homes.com and click on gallery and then Abrego Lake you can see what is looked like before we moved in.) When we first moved in I have to admit that I felt a bit overwhelmed! We made a major move from NC t TX with 3 children ages 6, 4 and 1...lived out of suitcases for 6 weeks ... and then worried about all of our belongings literally in storage...praying that EVERYTHING made it!

This is a picture of our half bath! Even it is decorated for Christmas!!

This is a picture of our dining room....complete w/ Christmas decorations, too! My china cabinet contains some wonderful, meaningful treasures...including my Grandmother's china! This week-end we will be adding her buffet to the mix. I'll post pictures when we get it in the dining room and decorated! The window in the dining room faces the front of the house/street. It has a huge flowerbed that contains a shrimp plant from my Grandmother Herndon's house in San Antonio and also a bird bath that was hers. This Spring we intend to put a lof of effort into the yard....our focus has been the inside for starters! I am also on the hunt for material for drapes and also recovering the dining room chairs. Even though we have only been here 13 months, we've served many a wonderful meals with many wonderful family and friends!

The above picture is of the kids shower curtain in their bathroom. I actually found it in NC b/f we moved. I needed something that would work for boys and girls. It also could not be too childish since there is a difference in ages. This one worked perfectly since all 3 of our kids LOVE the beach! It also has great colors! It is just fun and works well!

Ha! Another bathroom decorated for Christmas! And yes, it is the kids bath hence the huge Santa! He does truly watch everything! LOL! Their bathroom has 2 sinks...Madeline is thrilled that she has her own sink, own medicine cabinet, and her own set of drawers and cabinets! The boys..well, they could care less! It is so nice to have so much storage as our old house did not! When you have 3 kids...you need all the storage you can get!!


This is Madeline's room! It has changed some since I took this picture. The little table and chairs has been replaced by a desk and chair. This little table held lots of tea parties and we made many crafts, too! We are thrilled we were able to pass it on to another little girl that will treasure it as much as Madeline did! Madeline's room has a "beach" theme to it. The walls are painted sky blue and it is very calm and relaxing! She loves the beach and would live there if she could! I still have a few pieces to add....but are holding out to find just the right ones!
That's all the pictures I have for now. I'll have to take more of the rest of the house and post them. We are planning to really focus on the outside by adding even more sod, making a stone patio w/ firepit and planting more trees and adding more to our flowerbeds! It's just so fun making a house a home! Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment