

We sure had a blast this Halloween! All 3 kids were in good moods and we enjoyed the day by laughing and playing together ... followed by some fun trick or treating!!! For all the "major" holidays I try to really make it fun for the kids and do things that hopefully they will always remember. This year I found these really fun "snack trays" at HEB shaped like haunted houses. I managed to keep them a surprise until today. When I called the kids for lunch they were so excited to see their new "trays." I also set out some fun decorations throughout the house...including their bathroom! I decorated one day while the older 2 were at school and Ryan was napping. When they saw all I had done they kept saying "We have the best Mommy! "...and "our house is awesome!!" It's the simple things that make it all worth while! I love seeing and hearing their reactions to things. Hopefully I am creating memories they will never forget!
This year for Halloween Madeline was a "pop star". Fits her perfectly! She loves to be the center of attention and is ALWAYS singing and dancing ...and cheering, too! I put make-up on her tonight which makes her look so much older already. Kollman was a fireman. He was going to be a pirate and changed his mind last minute. That is okay--everything (minus the fireman rain boots) was from our dress up bin! Ryan was a train conductor. Again--last minute change. He was going to be a dog...but I felt like the costume would have been too hot for him. He is a very hot natured kid! It was very hard to get a picture of him tonight (well ever for that matter). He is on the go....ALL the time! A very spirited 2 year old! The picture you see was taken in his car seat...only b/c he was strapped in!
Madeline's cheer academy that she attends hosted a bake sale today. I made these cute cupcakes and found some cute spider rings to put on them. Halloween just could not be complete w/out spider rings!! I saved a few for the kids to have for dessert tonight. They were a big hit! Ryan had been eyeing them all day!
Last but not least....trick or treating. I have to be honest here. I miss Halloween in our old neighborhood. We had so much fun trick or treating with our friends and always had a great Halloween party and costume parade...and of course, "real" Fall weather! It was nice this year though as the kids ran into some of their friends they knew from school. It was fun to see them interact w/ one another. Auntie Jen (my gracious and loving sister) got the kids really cool treat bags and filled them with books, light up necklaces/rings, and ghosts that grow in water. Thank you for not filling it with candy......seriously!!!!!!!!!!!! My mother also gave them really neat goody bags! The best part of trick or treating was going to the nursing home and seeing Nana (my 90 year old Grandmother) and her roommate Ms. Lillie who is 102!!!!! The joy and excitement they had when they saw the kids was priceless!!! They too had goodies for their bags! It only proves to me that you are NEVER too old to have fun!!!!
All in all it was a GREAT day! Many, many memories were made........and my favorite was Ryan saying "trick or treat" in his sweet voice! I love being a Mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment