Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cheer Power




For the past 8 1/2 months Madeline has been cheering with Texas Cheer Academy. She has come such a long way from where she started. I enrolled her in tumbling first and she excelled quickly. Last summer I enrolled her in a cheer class. And...once again she excelled quickly and fell in love with the sport! I was approached by her coaches several times asking if I wanted to place her on a competitive team. I said no thinking she was too young...she was only 7! Needless to say, after a few months of me saying no (and Madeline's relentless begging) I finally gave in. It was a commitment not only on our behalf...but on hers. We teach our children that when you start something...you need to finish it. Well, it ended up being a good decision! She has flourished and LOVES being in the spot light...imagine that!! The fact that she loves to perform in front of 100's of people blows my mind! She is a "flyer!" She cannot get enough. Meanwhile, I sit there and hold my breath!! We are looking forward to a little break during the summer....and then starting back up again in the Fall! We cannot wait to see what all she will be doing next!

No comments:

Post a Comment